BSIS Exposed Firearm Training
- Classroom (8 Hours)
- Range (6 Hours)
“Firearms Package Special”- $160.00!! Package includes Instructor Fee, Range Fee, Eye/Ear Protection, One Target, 9mm Weapon & 50 Rounds of Ammunition. The class start time is subject to change. Please call for appointment.
**If you have all of your own equipment see below for pricing:
Additional Caliber Fee-$20.00 (Paid on the day of the class)
Requals are held every Other Thursday at 3PM. Please call for appointment. 1.408.246.8585
* State Fees are the students responsibility. Live Scan Fee (Firearms)-$112.00, State Application Fee $80.00.
To apply for a firearm permit, you must:
- Take a 14-hour course (8 hours classroom, 6 hours range) in the carrying and use of firearms given by a Bureau-certified firearms training instructor at a Bureau-certified training facility
- Pass the written and range exams given at the end of the course
- Be a United States citizen or have permanent legal alien status;(Proof Required)
- ACCEPTABLE ID MUST BE PROVIDED ON DAY 1 OF THE CLASS- Birth Certificate, US Passport, Green Card, Certificate of Naturalization, US ID card, US Military ID. For additional acceptable ID’s visit the BSIS website at www.bsis.ca.gov.
- Submit a Firearm permit application and Firearm Live Scan form .
Classroom Training – During your eight hours of classroom training, you will learn moral and legal aspects of firearms use, firearms nomenclature, weapons handling and shooting fundamentals, and emergency procedures. Check our class calendar for training dates.
Range Training – The six hours of range training will give you practice in safely handling and firing your weapon. You must re-qualify on the range twice a year before renewing your permit.
Renewals – Firearm permits expire two years from the date of issuance. An applicant must re-qualify four times during the life of the permit: twice during the first year after the date of issuance, and twice during the second year. Re-qualifications must be at least four months apart. The application for renewal should be submitted to the Bureau within 60 days before the expiration date.
WEAPON RENTAL AND AMMUNITION
Firearm rentals are available at the range If using a rental, students must purchase range ammunition. The cost of ammunition is:
9MM $16.00- Box of 50 rounds.
.40 $23.00-Box of 50 rounds.
.45 $28.00-Box of 50 rounds.
Students should have the necessary amount of rounds to complete the course of fire. (50 rounds for range qualification and 50 rounds for practice). Students must qualify with the type (revolver or semi automatic) and caliber weapon that they will carry on duty. Students may qualify with more than one weapon, however the 50 round qualifying course must be shot with each additional weapon.
CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED
Students who prepay will be guaranteed a spot in the class. Walk-ins are allowed if there is space available. All Fees are Non-Refundable.
TFF 1309 ~ TIF 2452 ~ PPO 12857 ~ TFB 1068 ~ TIB 1805 ~ PI 17993 ~ PI 24369